Visit Homestay Hong Saeng for more recipes
Vegetable-Chicken Noodle Soup
YIELD: Makes 6 servings
If chicken soup is famous for making you feel better, then this soup should keep you feeling great! Loaded with vegetables, this noodle soup is a wonderful start to any meal.
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced leek (white part only)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped turnip
- 6 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces uncooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 1 cup diced cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- Combine celery, leek, carrot, turnip and 1/3 cup chicken broth in large saucepan.
- Cover; cook over medium heat 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining 5-2/3 cups broth, parsley, thyme, rosemary, vinegar and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; add noodles.
- Cook until noodles are tender; stir in chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer until heated through.
Serving Size: about 1 cup soup | Sodium 73 mg | Protein 10 g | Fiber 1 g | Carbohydrate 12 g | Cholesterol 18 mg | Saturated Fat <1 g | Total Fat 2 g | Calories from Fat 14 %
Meat 1 | Vegetable 1/2 | Starch 1/2