Skip to the content
Today a Japanese delicacy:
- 3/4 pounds chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tbsp sake (rice wine)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- *grated ginger
- Poke chicken using a fork.
- Mix other ingredients in a bowl.
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- First, fry the skin side of the chicken on medium heat until the skin is browned.
- Turn the chicken over to fry the other side on low heat.
- Pour the sauce used to marinate chicken in the pan.
- Cover the pan and steam cook the chicken on low heat until done.
- Remove the lid and simmer until the sauce becomes thick.
- Stop the heat.
- Slice the chicken and serve on a plate.
- Pour thickened sauce over the teriyaki chicken.
- Garnish with grated ginger if you would like.