Sometimes during year it is easy to feel yourselves like a hungry bear before hibernation. As the weather gets colder, we look for those comfort foods that help us feel comfy and cosy. If you need a healthy option to reach for, these seedy, crunchy clusters are quick and delicious.
They are an autumn-favourite of our cook. Teui has been with the company since the beginning and. In her spare time, she loves to explore new recipes and play around in the kitchen, often finding herself hosting and cooking up delicious meals for her friends and family. So when we asked her to share a recipe, she couldn’t be more excited to send us this one.
“You can eat it as a cluster or break it up to use in salads or your morning yoghourt or oatmeal. I just love it!”
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1¼ cups of Old Fashioned Oats (note: not quick oats)
- 1 cup (or more if you like) of Pumpkin Seeds
- ¼ cup of White Sesame Seeds
- ½ cup of raw Sunflower Seeds
- ¼ cup of Flax Seeds
- ¼ cup of Hemp Seeds
- ½ cup of lightly packed Brown Sugar (can substitute with coconut sugar, maple syrup or 1/4 cup of agave
- 1 tsp of Kosher Salt or 1/2 tsp of Himalayan Sea Salt
- ½ tsp – 1 tsp of Star Anise Seeds
- ⅓ cup of Honey
- ¼ cup of Avocado or Grape-seed Oil
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- When it is well mixed, spread evenly onto a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment. Ensure the mixture sits about 1/4″ thick.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 300º F. = + 150ºC.
- Then use a wide spatula to flip in large sections.
- Flatten back down into a single layer and continue baking for 10 more minutes.
- Let it cool completely on a wire rack and break into clusters.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature.
We promise they are taste-tested and approved.
Taste tested and loved by the marketing team!
We have lots of hungry bears at our office, so please share your favourite fall recipes in the comments below!